One of the most important events for the agricultural sector is near: EIMA 2020, International Agricultural and Gardening Machinery Exhibition. The event, which over the years has become an essential appointment for all the companies of the agriculture industry, will take place as usual in Bologna, from the 11th to the 15th of November 2020. Many news and projects for this edition: discover them in this article!
The long history of EIMA
This italian event has a history that has lasted for decades: the first edition of EIMA was held in 1969, on the initiative of its main organizer, FederUnaComa (National Federation of Agricultural Machinery Manufacturers). Year after year, EIMA has evolved and grown in the number of exhibitors, visitors and participating countries.
Today, EIMA is an event awaited by all agricultural machinery manufacturers, from any country in the world. In an area of approximately 375 thousand square meters, in the Bologna exhibition center, exhibitors present their means and equipment, often characterized and united by cutting-edge techniques and technologies.
The last edition, held in 2018, recorded extraordinary numbers that confirmed the growth trend of the event. There were around 317,000 visitors, for more than 1,950 exhibitors from 150 countries (and over 50,000 foreign operators).
EIMA today, the forty-fourth edition
EIMA 2020 will be the next edition, with a program full of events and initiatives. The exhibition organization will maintain a plan already adopted, organized into 14 product sectors (including those relating to irrigation, harvesting, agricultural industries, livestock and many others) which will host the respective reference companies.
This year there will be five thematic areas, each of which will focus on a particular aspect of the agricultural industry. These Theme Salons will be:
- EIMA Green, which will put its focus on mechanical technologies and equipment for gardening and green space care. Inside, innovative tools for the maintenance of gardens, parks and sports facilities will be exhibited.
- EIMA Components, a trade show specialized in the agricultural components sector that will bring together more than 700 exhibitors of supplies, spare parts and accessories for each type of agricultural machine.
- EIMA Energy, exhibition dedicated to technologies for the use of energy sources of agricultural and forestry origin. In addition, this exhibition will also include an outdoor area for demonstration tests of new generation machines and systems.
- EIMA Idrotech, focused on technologies and systems for irrigation and water management.
- EIMA Digital, area specifically reserved for the most advanced electronic technologies and precision agriculture.
Among the interesting initiatives promoted by the event also the Technical Innovation Contest, aimed at rewarding and enhancing the innovative products offered by the industry in the service of agricultural and gardening activities. The awards ceremony of the competition will take place in September, in Bologna.
Mecmar could not miss this important appointment. Innovation, the founding core of EIMA 2020, is also one of the values that move the company since its origins: for this reason, from the 11th to the 15th of November, the Mecmar team will be present in the Bologna exhibition center to present their solutions for drying and roasting cereals. For more information on EIMA 2020 or for questions and curiosities about the machines that Mecmar will exhibit during the event, do not hesitate to contact us!