Located in Ukraine, the farm in question purchased two Mecmar S 45/370 F model mobile dryers for drying cereals and sunflower seeds.
Very important for their nutritional properties and natural fat content, sunflower seeds require gentle drying treatment.
Large but also light, sunflower seeds must necessarily be dried at moderate temperatures. This preserves their quality and caloric content and, at the same time, reduces the moisture naturally present in the grain after harvest. In fact, the grains enter the S 45/370 F dryer with a moisture level of 11.5% and are then extracted with a level of 8%.
How to add value to the crop before selling?
To guarantee the customer the best drying performance, Mecmar has equipped the S 45/370 F mobile dryer with a semi-automatic operating mode. Once loaded, the system dries and cools the sunflower seeds inside the same machine. At the end of the drying cycle, once the dried grain is discharged from the dryer, the system shuts down.
But what are the other features of the S 45/370 F dryer tested at the Ukrainian customer?
- The agricultural dryer is dual-drive, i.e. it can be operated with the tractor’s power take-off or with an electric motor driving 1 electric motor.
- The frame of the dryer is reinforced to ensure robustness and durability, fundamental aspects that confirm the worthiness of the investment made by the Ukrainian company.
- The central auger is moved by a pair of removable bevel gears. These allow maintenance and replacement of faulty components without the need to empty the already loaded grain.
- In this case the customer opted for an outdoor installation, choosing to install a metal canopy in order to have a ready-to-use system that can be placed outside and can work in all weather conditions.
- To preserve and improve the quality of the sunflower seeds, the customer chose to install a suction cleaner that conveys the light parts generated by the recirculation of the grain to the top of the recirculation auger.
- The Riello two-stage diesel burner stops automatically when the selected temperature is reached, as well as in the event of overheating. In addition, thanks to the control panel with dual display, the set and actual temperature can be safely viewed.
- All grids and plates of the cylinder and cone casings are made of AISI stainless steel, while other structural components are hot-dip galvanised or painted.
What are the key aspects that make Mecmar dryers so popular?
First and foremost, the operational durability of these solutions. In fact, all Mecmar mobile and tower dryers have specific engineering features that ensure excellent long-term durability and consistently excellent drying performance. These include extended galvanisation and reinforced auger ramps.
Taken together, all these elements ensure a longer life for the equipment. When investing in the purchase of mobile grain dryers, the longer the operating life of the machine, the greater the return on investment. By relying on Mecmar solutions, the initial investment is justified and amortised within a few years.
In addition to this, having a facility for drying different types of grain on your farm offers additional benefits, especially those related to general grain market trends. In this perspective, control and flexibility are the key words. In fact, the customer is not obliged to sell the cereals as soon as the harvest is over but can choose to store them until prices reach a level that satisfies him. Grain drying thus offers a certain return on investment that every farmer can always count on.
Published data refer to corn and are calculated with mathematical models that use clean and ripe products and in normal operating conditions with 120°C drying air temperature and one hour cool-down time. Please do not hesitate to contact the nearest Mecmar dealer for more information.
Under our policy of continuous improvement, we reserve the right to change specifications provided without prior notice.